CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Song

It is summer now and I was checking YouTube and came across one of the best songs ever recorded- "Summer Girls". It was recorded by Lyte Funky Ones, or better known as LFO. I feel it's one of the best songs, if not the most random song ever recorded. Now don't laugh at me, and hear me out. I think these guys are formed to challenge the heavyweights like Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees. Yes, I know my boy bands of the 90's. Anyway, this group is too random. It's like they picked three white guys err, Caucasian guys off the street. They picked two guys who kinda know how to sing and one guy who I've never seen sing in any of their music videos. It was a good few years for them, or should I say good year. After that one year, I think 1999, they're done.

Enough of that history lesson. Let's go back to "the song". If you hear the title, "Summer Girls", you would think that it will be about a guy who meets a girl last summer. Well, partly it is. But what's funny is they put in the most random lines within the song. I think these lines are not related to any of the love story but they just put it in just to finish the song or make it rhyme. I think that's genius. The song is catchy, tune is good. Perfect. Maybe the lines do have meaning, but I won't go there. I like to enjoy songs, not analyze it and make it my homework. I'm not taking exams here. Let's take a look at some of these lyrics I'm talking about.

New Kids On The block, had a bunch of hits.
Chinese food makes me sick.

Hip Hop Marmalade spic And span

The great Larry Bird Jersey 33
When you take a sip you buzz like a hornet
Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets
Call me Willy Whistle cause I can't speak baby

Macauly Culkin wasn't Home Alone

Michael J Fox was Alex P Keaton

Cherry Pez,cold crush,rock star boogie

There was a good man named Paul Revere

Bugaloo shrimp and pogo sticks
My mind takes me back there oh so quick
Let you off the hook like my man Mr. Limpet
Think about that summer and I bug,cause I miss it
Like the color purple,macaroni and cheese,
Ruby red slippers and a bunch of trees

I like Kevin Bacon,but I hate Footloose


See what I'm talking about? How smart is that. All those lines doesn't seem to make sense but yet it worked. They have another song that I like, which is Girl on TV with my ultimate crush before Jennifer Love "those breasts" Hewitt. That is a good song too. I think one of the guys even dated Jennifer. That broke my heart before. Now do your self a favor and go listen to this song. Let's hope that they make a comeback.

0 comments:

Post a Comment