CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Busy Weekend


Over the weekend I was in my "baking" mode. My husband was craving for some meringue cookies last Saturday. While searching for the recipe, I came across a video of how to make Brazo de Mercedes, so I decided to make one too. Since I was at it, I also made Chocolate-Hazelnut Gelato =)


Meringue Cookies

Meringue Cookies
(recipe from Joy of Baking)

3 large egg whites (3 ounces or 90 grams)
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup (150 grams) superfine or castor sugar (if you don't have superfine sugar simply take granulated white sugar and process it for about 30 seconds in a food processor)
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Chocolate-Hazelnut Gelato



Chocolate-Hazelnut Gelato (recipe from Giada @ Foodnetwork))

2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
4 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, crushed, for garnish

Brazo de Mercedes



Brazo de Mercedes (recipe from Panlasang Pinoy)

10 large raw eggs, yolks and whites separated
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
14 ounces condensed milk


0 comments:

Post a Comment