CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 9, 2010

OT: Lebron, Lebron, Lebron.......




And so it begins. Well, what did just happen? I and everyone living here in NYC were expecting him to say “I Do” to the Knicks. It was supposed to be a match made in heaven. New York, the Mecca of basketball and the center of the universe will be tying the knot with the so-called “King”, who as of now is still ring-less. I’m a big Kobe and a big Lakers fan but of course I will be partial to my hometown team. The Knicks spent the past few years losing, shedding contracts, to be in this position only to be punch right thru the stomach. This was not supposed to happen, but it did. As they say, expect the unexpected.



I respect Lebron’s decision and won’t take it against him. I was just annoyed on how he handled this announcement. Him making this like a reality-show. And ESPN giving like a 6-hour slot for this. It’s like Brett freaking Favre all over again. Whatever happened to just making a 20-30 second press release about it? Why do this to everybody? And of course, as funny as it sounds, I watched it. Lebron is too focused of him being a brand and not being a basketball player. It’s all about promotion. I watched him mention his own name a couple of times in a sense that it’s all about him and him alone. It’s funny a couple of times, but gets annoying afterwards. He’s still very good, if not the best right now in the NBA. I feel that he just doesn’t care too much about the basketball aspect and only cares of “The Lebron Brand”.



OK enough of my rant. Back to suffering for the Knicks fans. Back to my Lakers winning. And I back to watching Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives of any city. Yes, I am not embarrassed to say that I watch reality shows. Heck, that’s why I did watch that freaking Lebron Decision Special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment