CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Own Version of Nestle Alpine White with Almonds

One of my favorite chocolate when I was a kid was Nestle Alpine White with Almond. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore. Someone from a forum suggested to make it at home.




Since I am so craving for it, I bought a bag of almonds and Nestle white chocolate chips.

I melted the white chocolate chips in a double broiler.




Then I used a food processor for the almonds.


When the chocolate is fully melted add the almonds. Put it on a mold.


Oh my! After I ate it, it kinda hit the spot. So delicious!!




2 comments:

Anonymous

I did the same thing, but I toasted the almonds first before processing them. I also tried using different brands of white chocolate: Nestle White Chocolate chips, Ghirardelli white chocolate chips, a whole Ghirardelli "Sublime White Vanilla Dream" bar, Milka white chocolate bar (VERY hard to find), and even Lindt's white chocolate bar.

For me, the one that closely matches the original flavor of the Alpine White bar was a tie between Ghirardelli white chocolate chips and the Milka white bar. However, the texture was kind of off. In terms of texture, the best one was Lindt's.

I also did a version using nothing more than toasted almonds and pure, food-grade cocoa butter (melted), sweetened with some powdered sugar and flavored with vanilla seeds and pod (which I fished-out of the melted chocolate after the flavor was infused). (i could've used pure, organic vanilla extract, but that would've been too easy)

alpine

yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i <3 alpine white!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment